Monday, April 30, 2012

Kitchen Glass Splashbacks Advantages



My wife asked me recently if we can get a glass splashbacks for the kitchen. I paused before I answered her question. I looked at her and smiled. And then said YES!

I knew that she’s eager to replace our old tile kitchen. And I also knew she had experienced a host of problem on it because she’s in the kitchen for almost 6  hours of her waking hours everyday. Though I said to her, not today but 1 to 2 months from now. We need to save money for its materials and installation. And to get elegant result, I promised to her that we will hire an expert contractor who can perfectly install glass splashbacks for our dream kitchen. Now I’m thinking what are the great advantages of kitchen glass splashbacks.



Fitting & Installing
In my research, glass splashback is gaining raves and thumbs up from thousands of wives in the country and millions around the world. Tile splashback is still popular but with the momentum glass splashbacks gain from the word-of-mouth advertising from satisfied homeowners, it will certainly become the new darling in the kitchen 1-2 years from now not only for the have-ones but also for ordinary families.

The good thing of glass splashbacks is you get no problem from stripping the wall down, resurfacing it, grouting and cutting tiles. Because the entire glass splashback is made in one single piece of site, fitting and installing it into the kitchen is easy and simple process. When it is delivered, glass contractors will only lift it into position and attach it to the wall. There maybe cutouts due to existing pipes and electric sockets, but the contractors needs no hard work on it.


Cleaning
My wife likes a kitchen that is easy to clean and maintain. I’ll be honest, I may not a good cleaner in the kitchen but I really don’t like to see oil and other food  sticking into the kitchen tiles. It make the kitchen more messy. It’s hard to clean them. In fact, when I helped my wife in cleaning the kitchen, I always scrub hard those tattered portions, tiles by tiles. The grout poses me a great problem. I need to use bristle nylon brush to clean it from sticking dirt.

But with glass splashbacks, cleaning seems so easy and quick. There’s no grout, sticking oil and food to clean. I will just spray kitchen cleaning soap with disinfectants and wipe the smooth surface with a clean cloth. Presto! Our kitchen will have a new look, clean, shiny and elegant again.

Hygiene
It’s a reality we need to adapt that kitchen should not just look clean but should be hygienically clean. Tiles poses great problem because grout between them tends to provide an ideal breeding ground for germs, mould and bacteria. Unlike glass splashbacks, we can clean the surface and hit hard germs and bacteria for there’s no place they can hide from the glass smooth surface.


You may wonder if the glass can last long. Glass manufacturers will guarantee it. With the high-technology they used in glass hardening process, we can safely say it is extremely strong like the Melbourne Glass (You can visit them online at www.matthewsglass.com.au. In fact, glass is now widely used as chopping boards, oven doors and casserole dishes. That means that it won't easily chip or crack, and so molds and grime is kept at bay. Because smooth glass is so easy to clean as well you can be confident that it's a healthy environment for your family to enjoy.

There are more rewards to be had from glass splashbacks. To begin with, we haven't even covered the way they look.

There's no denying the fact that glass in the kitchen for splashbacks and worktops can look fabulous, offering a modern look that's clean and unique. With the practical advantages understood the fun can really begin with looking at examples of glass in the kitchen, and choosing your preferred colours and styles.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever decorated a cake stand with party favors before? It’s such a fun way to thank..

    cheese board & salad bowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best! kitchen glass splashbacks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. useful link

    ReplyDelete